[ncl-talk] WRF Cross-section Plot - Terrain Depiction and Lowest Level Data Contours

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 02:43:34 MST 2018

Scott:

I have attached two programs.

The second simply maps the cross-section on a horizontal map, so you can
see what line/cross-section you've chosen.

I separated this program from the one that makes vertical cross-sections
because I didn't want to mix horizontal and vertical cross-section maps in
the same output.

The first creates the cross section within specified lat/lon and vertical
heights using wrf-zoom, for instance.

It is set up for non-standard radar output, but you can make any
cross-sections of WRF output that you want.  It only makes one direction at
a time (you would have to choose a different IP values in the loop).

Barry