[ncl-talk] GOES16 netCDF files

Tim Risner trisner at awis.com
Fri Jan 19 13:54:00 MST 2018

Works great Mary, and you can easily pull the sat wavelength you need from it.
One issue I did run into was if you use the “Full Disk” files rather then the “CONUS” files used in the example, you get
what I expect to be a memory issue?

Error to screen
*******************
“fatal: NclMalloc Failed:[errno=12] Segmentation fault” error.

info
******
Variable: phi
Type: double
Total Size: 235358208 bytes
            29419776 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:	[5424] x [5424]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :	-999

Variable: lambda
Type: double
Total Size: 235358208 bytes
            29419776 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:	[5424] x [5424]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 1
  _FillValue :	-999

Variable: data
Type: float
Total Size: 117679104 bytes
            29419776 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:	[y | 5424] x [x | 5424]
Coordinates:
            y: [0..5423]
            x: [0..5423]
Number Of Attributes: 16
  lon2d :	<ARRAY of 29419776 elements>
  lat2d :	<ARRAY of 29419776 elements>
  long_name :	ABI Cloud and Moisture Imagery reflectance factor
  standard_name :	toa_lambertian_equivalent_albedo_multiplied_by_cosine_solar_zenith_angle
  _Unsigned :	true
  sensor_band_bit_depth :	12
  downsampling_method :	average
  units :	1
  resolution :	y: 0.000056 rad x: 0.000056 rad
  coordinates :	band_id_C02 band_wavelength_C02 t y x
  grid_mapping :	goes_imager_projection
  cell_methods :	t: point area: sum (interval: 0.000014 rad)
  ancillary_variables :	DQF_C02
  _FillValue_original :	-1
  _FillValue :	-1
  valid_range :	(  0, 1.299999 )