[ncl-talk] ttest values not plotting

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 19 13:00:03 MST 2018

Hi Sri,
When you comment out cnLevelSelectionMode you are allowing NCL to choose the contour levels. Thus, NCL might choose .55,.65,.75. To use gsn_contour_shade you will want to select the levels, as gsn_contour_shade will not add/change the existing contour levels, it simply uses what it is given. Just because your script (without setting chLevelSelectonMode) shows stippling does not mean those areas are significant to the 95% level. If the above is confusing I would suggest you review the gsn_contour_

Is it possible that you have very little area that is significant? Did you verify that the ranges/units of the 2 datasets that you input into ttest are the same?
Hope that helps. As always respond to NCL talk if you have further questions.
Adam