[ncl-talk] Unnecessary extra white space at the end of time-series

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 08:15:14 MST 2018

Hey Tabish,
NCL will always try to adapt the x-axis depending on the data that you have. I've noticed multiple times than, when using the time_axis_labels procedure, this could lead to unexpected behaviour.

However, you should be able to fix the problem simply by manually setting the extent of the horizontal axis, i.e. res at trXMaxF=max(timearr) in your case.
Hope that solves the problem.
Cheers

> On 19. Jan 2018, at 16:06, Tabish Ansari via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm getting extra white space at the end of my time series data which makes the x-axis slightly longer than the length of the data available. This leads to inefficient use of horizontal space available for the plot (shrinking of the data). Can you please point out why this is happening?
>
> The ncl-script and the plot are attached.
>
> Thank You!
>
> Tabish
>
> Tabish U Ansari
> PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
> Lancaster Univeristy
> Bailrigg, Lancaster,
> LA1 4YW, United Kingdom
> <PBLH-obs-ts_dust-sphere.png><plot-obsPBLHts.ncl>_______________________________________________