[ncl-talk] NCL Creating Time Series Plots

Smith, Stuart smit1770 at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 17 14:24:03 MST 2018

Good afternoon,

My name is Stuart, and I am research assistant at Purdue University.. I
tried using the serach ncl-talk archives, but received a "URL Not Found"
message.

I am wanting to learn about generating time series plots with .nc files. The
.nc files I have are daily timesteps (200903250000.d01.nc,
200903260000.d01.nc). I would like to plot the .nc files as a spatially
averaged(ex. Depth of water)  time series plot for an entire month.

The dimension of time is 1,  as to be expected. The dimension of the
variable of interest is 2 [north_south|32] x [east_west |45]. My goal would
be to calculate the average value over this area, and plot it with the
appropriate day to create the time series.

Could you please provide some examples of how this problem has been solved
in the past? Thank you for your time.

Regards,

-Stuart