[ncl-talk] Possible label bar bug in streamline scalar plots

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Tue Jan 16 17:26:03 MST 2018

Hi

When I make a streamline plot using the function gsn_csm_streamline_scalar_map_polar() with the lbLabelBarOn resource set to False, I get the following error:

fatal:Variable (lbar_zone) is undefined
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 12166 in file /usr/local/ncl-6.4.0/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

I had a quick look at the gsn_csm.ncl code, it looks like there’s a series of ‘if’ statements regarding label bar settings, which are not avoided even though the variable ‘lbar_on’ is False.

The script I’m running reads a LOT of datafiles so I’m hesitant to send it through with all dependencies, but if I’m right it should be easy replicate with any data

Will