[ncl-talk] using ColorNegDashZeroPosContour

Cathy Smith cathy.smith at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 12 09:56:48 MST 2018

Hi all:

I am using ColorNegDashZeroPosContour as in

  plot = ColorNegDashZeroPosContour(plot,"red","magenta","blue")

This works great except I would like the negative lines not dashed. I
tried setting the resource dashline type to solid and when I checked the
res, it is set that way e.g.

gsnContourNegLineDashPattern :	0

Is it possible to do what I want with ColorNegDashZeroPosContour? Or is there another routine I should try? Or do I need to hand code this?  I have

    res at gsnContourNegLineDashPattern = 0       ; sets negative contours to dash pattern 1
    plot = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce (wks, mapx({lat1:lat2},{lon1:lon2}), res)   ; create ;temporary plot
    plot = ColorNegDashZeroPosContour(plot,"red","magenta","blue")
    print(res)
    draw(plot)
    frame(wks)

Thanks!
Cathy

NOAA/ESRL PSD and CU CIRES
303-497-6263
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/cathy.smith/

Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses from emailing
esrl.psd.data at noaa.gov