[ncl-talk] Vertical motion with zonal wind

Jenny Taylor jenny63taylor91 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 22:28:54 MST 2018

Thank you, Dennis Shea. One more thing I want to know in this matter.

The surface pressure data in the file is available in logarithomic pressure
form.

In that case, can we convert this log. pressure by the following way?

P=in->lnsp
PS=10^(P/2.303) ; in Pa

The 'model level' data from ERA-interim are available for 60 levels where
surface pressure they are providing in ln of surface pressure form. Inside
this data there is no parameter like hyam,hybm that are essential for this
case.

These parameters are provided in a seperate file as I mention in my earliar
mail.

So, I want to know that is there any other source for data except
ERA-interim where all necessary parameters along with the variables will
come in one file according to selection of levels.

Kindly inform me.

Thanking you for your support.

Jenny