[ncl-talk] Error creating binary file

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 23 14:46:26 MST 2018

It says this in the fortran program. However, I am confused if ncl prints
out bad wind values, so was thinking it was something on my end that I did
in the ncl script since slp was fine. I attached the fortran code and the
binary file and grads ctl file I made as google drive links.​
 analysis_1.dat
<https://drive.google.com/a/noaa.gov/file/d/1Y3JXqmxZ7ViBeGkGncFkkIS9wncmAVg4/view?usp=drive_web>
​​
 create_binary.ncl
<https://drive.google.com/a/noaa.gov/file/d/1fyDQeLSom9Za7r73xpeWvv6nMrVO0o7P/view?usp=drive_web>
​​
 track.F
<https://drive.google.com/a/noaa.gov/file/d/1Pn9ON5epsr6u_24jxi8eDXBjV8DgizqC/view?usp=drive_web>
​​
 grads_ecm.ctl
<https://drive.google.com/a/noaa.gov/file/d/1M9KUlm2HZwlaD_gw29Z7hn2qahYJ2Jhv/view?usp=drive_web>
​

open(luin,file=filename,form='unformatted',status='unknown',

     &       access='direct',recl=idim*jdim*4)