[ncl-talk] ESMF regridding error? "Variable (opt) is undefined in line 1613 of ESMF-regridding.ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 22 17:44:35 MST 2018

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I had started looking into this right
away, and then I didn't get back to it until just now.

What I tried to do was trim down the curvilinear_to_SCRIP to its bare
minimum required steps so that maybe the weird errors go away.

Given the size of the grid, I've added
​:

​
​
opt at NetCDFType  = "netcdf4"

Can you run your script with the new attached version of curv_to_scrip.ncl
and see how far it gets before it bombs? I've inserted a lot of print
statements. If it still bombs, please send me all the output.

Meanwhile, I'm running the script now, but it's going to take awhile and I
have to run some errands.  Here's the size of the source and destination
files that get created, and you'll see the source one is over 3 GB:

-rw-rw-r--  1 haley  CIT\Domain Users   117M Feb 22 17:34
destination_grid_file.nc
-rw-rw-r--  1 haley  CIT\Domain Users   3.5G Feb 22 17:34
source_grid_file.nc

--Mary