[ncl-talk] XY line plots with lines and markers

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 13 11:26:00 MST 2018

Hi,

If I am reading your script right, you have model2 associated with
filename5 and are unpacking the strings into aot5 and ultimately into
data(4,:)?

If that is correct, then the docs for xyMarkLineModes say:

An array of NhlTMarkLineMode
<http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/Workstation.shtml#NhlTMarkLineMode>
enumerations to use when drawing the corresponding coordinate pair arrays
in the associated data object. If there are more coordinate pair arrays
than the number of elements in this resource, the remaining coordinate pair
arrays will be drawn using the value of the *xyMarkLineMode*
<http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/xy.shtml#xyMarkLineMode>
resource.

Default: NULL

You've given along two values for xyMarkLineModes, but have 5 data
channels;  the default for xyMarkLineMode is "Lines"

Hope that helps...
Rick