[ncl-talk] How to change datatype of dimension in NCL?

Shikha SIngh 08.singhshikha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 23:45:36 MST 2018

Dear all,

I am trying to do a multivariate EOF analysis with two variiables
(following the example from mjoclivar_14).
However, when I try to combine all data in one array it gives me the error:

'fatal:Assignment type mismatch, right hand side can't be coerced to type
of left hand side'

I checked and found that the both the variables are of type float, however,
dimension (lat, lon, time) in one variable are of data-type float, whereas
in the other are of type double.

I tried converting by extracting the dimension individually, converting
them to float and reassigning to the variable, but it is not working. The
data type still remains double.

How do I do it? Kindly help.

Thanks
Shikha Singh