[ncl-talk] lbLabelStrings not overwriting cnLevels

Victoria Treadaway vtreada at uri.edu
Mon Feb 5 21:41:39 MST 2018

Hello,

My understanding is that if I set res at cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn = True
that I can rename the colorbar label strings. I'm trying to plot
categorical data and follow the examples. However, the colorbar label is
clearly not resetting. Am I missing something? Or is there a something I'm
setting that is interfering?

        opts_rh at pmLabelBarDisplayMode = "Always"
        opts_rh at cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn = True
        opts_rh at cnFillPalette       = colors
        opts_rh at cnFillOn             = True               ; turns on the
color
        opts_rh at cnLineLabelsOn = False
        opts_rh at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"              ; set
explicit contour levels
        opts_rh at cnMinLevelValF = 1
        opts_rh at cnMaxLevelValF = 5
        opts_rh at cnLevelSpacingF = 1
        opts_rh at lbLabelPosition  = "Center"           ; label position
        opts_rh at lbLabelAlignment = "BoxCenters"       ; label orientation
        opts_rh at lbLabelStrings   =  (/"T","E","S","T","5"/)
       opts_rh at lbLabelStride = 1
       opts_rh at lbLabelAutoStride = False
       opts_rh at cnSpanFillPalette = False
        opts_rh at lbOrientation        = "vertical"         ; vertical label
bars
        opts_rh at pmLabelBarSide       = "right"
        ;opts_rh at tmYLMode                = "Explicit"
        opts_rh at tmYLLabels              =
sprintf("%.1f",fspan(zmin,zmax,nz))  ; Create labels
        opts_rh at tiMainString =  "TEST"
        opts_rh at tiXAxisString = "Distance From ARMOR (W/E) in km"
        opts_rh at tiYAxisString  = "Altitude (km)"
        opts_rh at cnLineLabelsOn = False       ; turn off contour info label
        opts_rh at cnMissingValFillPattern = 0
        opts_rh at cnMissingValFillColor   = "white"

Thanks for your help,

Victoria

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>