[ncl-talk] Line labels customization

g.graffino at tim.it g.graffino at tim.it
Mon Feb 5 09:42:57 MST 2018

Dear NCL community,

I'm trying to customize at its finest an xy plot (see attachments).

Specifically, I'd like to put ONLY ONE label on the line(s) I'm plotting. Unfortunately, I can't find any suitable resource on the xy page (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/xy.shtml) similar to
  cnLineLabelDensityF (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnLineLabelDensityF), which allow to do exactly what I need but for contour plots. I checked on the xy examples page too (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml), with no luck.
Do you know if such resource does exist for xy plots? Can you give me an advice for an eventual workaround I could use?

I'm working on a Linux cluster (Linux argo-login2.ictp.it 2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.x86_64), NCL version 6.3.0 (pretty old, but I can't update that by myself).

Hope my question is clear. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Giorgio Graffino