[ncl-talk] Query related to Multiple Cyclonic tracks.

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:37:48 MST 2018

Hi Barry,

Thanks for providing a sample trajectory script.

I did try to run it, and got an error about not having enough colors.  This
is due to the code that gets the pressure ranges.  A pressure range of "3"
is being hard-coded, but the pressures (in one case) go from 2629 to 2924,
which gives you over 90 levels.

I cleaned up this code a little to fix this, and hopefully make it so you
don't need to hard-code the pressure increment. Note: this code assumes
that the pressures can be nicely represented by integers.

;----------------------------------------------------------------------

;  Calculate the pressure range for coloring markers.

;----------------------------------------------------------------------

function get_pressure_range(pres)
begin
;  pres_incr = 3                             ; Increment for pressure
values
;  pres_start = min(toint(pres))+pres_incr   ; start a little above the
minimum pressure
;  pres_end   = max(toint(pres))-pres_incr   ; end a little below the
maximum pressure

  mnmxint    = nice_mnmxintvl( min(pres), max(pres), 18, False)
  pres_start = toint(mnmxint(0))
  pres_end   = toint(mnmxint(1))
  pres_incr  = toint(mnmxint(2))
  if(pres_incr.eq.0) then
    print("get_pressure_range: ERROR: pres_incr = 0, can't continue")
    exit
  end if
  pres_span  = ispan(pres_start,pres_end,pres_incr)
  return(pres_span)
end

--Mary