[ncl-talk] wrf_map_overlays zoom fail

Borja Sas González saszalez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 01:40:38 MST 2018

Dear Mary.

Thanks for your answer.

You're right, I have an error in the units. Still, that does not solve the
error when ncl draw the map with zoom.

I explain it, and I attach images.

The first plott is of the complete domain. That plott is correct and
corresponds to the "Full domain" image.

In the second plott I try to zoom. I indicate in the script the following:

;--- Establecimiento de variables

  time = 12

  minlat = 28.10

  maxlat = 28.30

  minlon = -16.40

  maxlon = -16.15

  loc = wrf_user_ll_to_ij(a,(/minlon,maxlon/),(/minlat,maxlat/),True)

  x_start = loc(0,0) - 1

  x_end   = loc(0,1) - 1

  y_start = loc(1,0) - 1

  y_end   = loc(1,1) - 1

;--- Creación de los gráficos para el dominio zoom

  mpres at ZoomIn = True        ; set up map info for zoomed area

  mpres at Xstart = x_start

  mpres at Ystart = y_start

  mpres at Xend = x_end

  mpres at Yend = y_end

  plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/vectorz/),pltres,mpres)

As you can see in the zoom image, the latitude and longitude do not
correspond with what I have indicated (minlat, maxlat, minlon, maxlon).

Best regards.