[ncl-talk] reading station data

Debasish Hazra debasish.hazra5 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:39:53 MST 2018

Thanks Dennis. But I am getting warning messages when I run your script :
warning:toint: A bad value was passed (string); input strings must contain
numeric digits, replacing with missing value
warning:toint: A bad value was passed (string); input strings must contain
numeric digits, replacing with missing value
warning:tofloat: A bad value was passed to (string) tofloat, input strings
must contain numeric digits, replacing with missing value
warning:tofloat: A bad value was passed to (string) tofloat, input strings
must contain numeric digits, replacing with missing value

and finally Error :
fatal:The result of the conditional expression yields a missing value. NCL
can not determine branch, see ismissing function
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4740 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 30 in file
test_daily2.ncl which is :

yyyymmdd = yyyyddd_to_yyyymmdd(yyyyddd)

Any help.
Thanks