[ncl-talk] white ocean

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:10:21 MST 2018

It seems that this could be related to properly assigning missing values.
Is your missing value set to 0 by any chance?
You can check this by printVarSummary(varb) and looking for _FillValue. Or
you can  print(varb at _FillValue).

If you look at your colorbar you would see that ocean is colored according
to the color for 0-0.2. If 0 is missing value in your data sets then you
would need to change it to something else: e.g. varb at _FillValue = 1E32 .
However, I am not sure if that would also affect your valid data values
(e.g. 0) if that matches with missing value.

Cheers,
Rashed