[ncl-talk] Problem with calculation of wet bulb temperature

Buzan, Jonathan jbuzan at purdue.edu
Tue Aug 28 12:52:06 MDT 2018

Hi Barry,

The wet bulb calculation requires EPT  for initial estimation (the algorithm uses an accelerated Newtonian convergence method). The HumanIndexMod uses the best available fast method for calculating EPT (from Bolton 1980), and is part of the out variables from the module.  It's like a 2 for one deal! ;).  The module also produces a battery of heat stress metrics, but can be manually turned off in the NCL routine.

-Jonathan