[ncl-talk] missing value connected

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:40:44 MDT 2018

Hi Mauro,
2 possibilities come to mind if you have irregular data:
1) Draw the first few timesteps on one plot, draw the remainder after the
missing area on a 2nd plot, and overlay the two plots.
2) Add in an extra timestep in your data array in the middle of the missing
area, and set the values = _FillValue. NCL will not connect two values if
they are separated by a value that is missing.

If that doesn't work or if you have further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:08 AM Mauro Morichetti <s1073755 at pm.univpm.it>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about the plot attached, how could I remove the missing
> value link as is highlighted on the red circle?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards,
>
> ---------
>
> Eng. Mauro Morichetti
> Department of Industrial Engineering and Mathematical Science
> Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
> m.morichetti at pm.univpm.it

Adam Phillips