[ncl-talk] Missing color fill when using gsn_csm_contour_map (ncl V 6.4.0)

adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue Aug 21 09:01:50 MDT 2018

Hi all

I have a problem with ncl when I try to plot a contour graphic. I
thought it was a mistake I was making, but then when I try with a
example very simple still appears blank. And ncl does not tell me any
error.
Here is the script (have my file but is exactly the same that
newcolor_1.ncl)

;************************************************
; zonal_2.ncl
;
; Concepts illustrated:
;   - Drawing a zonal means plot
;   - Using dim_avg_Wrap to calculate a zonal average
;************************************************
;load "/usr/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
;load "/usr/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
;load "/usr/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
;************************************************
begin
;************************************************
; variable and file handling
;************************************************
;---read in zonal winds
   a = addfile("MAM_GEOS_1anee.cam.h0.2000-12-07-00000.nc","r")
   u = a->U(0,,:,:)                                ; July zonal winds

   wks  = gsn_open_wks("png","newcolor")  ; send graphics to PNG file

   res                 = True
   res at gsnMaximize     = True       ; maximize in frame
   res at cnLinesOn       = False
   res at cnFillOn        = True
   res at cnFillPalette   = "BlueYellowRed"   ; change the color palette

   res at mpFillDrawOrder = "PostDraw" ; Make sure land fill is drawn
                                    ; on top of filled contours

   res at tiMainString    = "NCL version 6.1.x will give you gray land"

   plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,u,res)
end

I obtained a map without color fill, I was looking in some previous talk
but nothing works. Can Anyone help me on this? thanks
I attached the maps

Thank you
--
Adriana Bossolasco
LPC2E UMR 7328 (CNRS, Université d'Orléans)
e-mail: adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr