[ncl-talk] Using vp resources for panelling different sized WRF contour plots

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 20 14:58:20 MDT 2018

Dear Tabish,

You might be able to still use gsn_panel with the different-sized plots.

The key is creating the first plot, and then retrieving the height of that
plot and using it to set the height of the second plot. Then, when
gsn_panel goes to panel both plots, it should retain the heights relative
to each other.

See the attached sample script, which only draws a map since I don't have
your dataset.

You can use gsnPanelXF to tweak the X positions of the paneled plots if you
need to.

--Mary