[ncl-talk] Error initializing udunits-2 unit system

Jared Lee jaredlee at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 13 15:31:37 MDT 2018

Hi, I have a follow-up on my original ticket from 10 Aug. I just discovered
that I get the udunits-2 error mentioned in the previous email if I call
ut_string_fix on its own. However, if I call ut_string and THEN call
ut_string_fix, then I get no error and my script runs normally. So it
appears that there's a bug in ut_string_fix in how it's calling the
udunits-2 library. Sorry to keep finding bugs in this script.

Again, this is a problem with NCL v6.4.0, loading a special pre-release
version of ut_string_fix for v6.5.0 (after I found an earlier bug with the
v6.4.0 ut_string_fix function). I do not know if this was fixed for NCL
v6.5.0 because I'm waiting for gnu compilers to be installed on my own
workstation first, and NCL v6.5.0 is not yet installed on cheyenne, either.

Jared

--