[ncl-talk] label the plot using the own created list

Ying Song ying.song at sjsu.edu
Thu Apr 26 19:42:00 MDT 2018

Hi, NCL helper,

I have a questions self defined labelbar want extract date info from a list
of ascii files. The filenames  are following these pattern: (th1001_
*2015_05_07*_18.l100)

I created a new list(date_list) and use it to label my plot. I tried:
   res at tmXBLabels      = date_list

Received the err:
warning:attsetvalues: the value associated with (lbLabelStrings) does not
have
warning:The value associated with (lbLabelStrings) does not have an HLU
representation.

Any thoughts or suggestions about this error? Thank you very much!

Jiashu