[ncl-talk] Background color for XY plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 23 15:00:54 MDT 2018

Hi Chang,
I do not believe that there is a resource to alter the background of a plot
as you attached. (A NCL-developer can correct me though.) However, you can
use gsn_add_polygon to draw a gray polygon that covers your entire plot
space. I modified Example 2 from the XY applications page to show how this
would be done. The script and the output image are attached.
Hope that helps!
Adam