[ncl-talk] how to separate data with tab using function write_matrix

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 23 10:43:52 MDT 2018

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/str_get_tab.shtml

*UNTESTED*:  Lets say you want 10 numbers for each row with all numbers
preceded by a
*tab.*
*Note: *
*fout* String specifying the output file name. If not present, the data is
sent to standard out.
*The maximum length of fout is 96 characters.*

I think the fortran character variable is set at 96

*---*

tab = *str_get_tab*()

fmt = "10("+tab+",f7.1)"   ; clarity

print("fmt="+fmt)

opt = True

opt at fout "./TEXT_with_TAB"        ; "./test/text_with_tab/"

system("/bin/rm -f "+opt at fout)    ; rm any pre-existing file

write_matrix (x,  fmt, False)

Let ncl-talk know if this works.

THX