[ncl-talk] Plotting problem

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 16 11:53:45 MDT 2018

Dear Jalal Uddin,

What aspect of the plotting are you confused about?

If you need to draw something in a non-standard coordinate system, then we
don't have specific scripts for this.  You will need to create the
calculations yourself to go from a non-standard coordinate system to the
rectangular system that NCL recognizes, much in the same way that the radar
page does.

If you are asking about how to draw multiple plots on a page, then see our
"Panels" example page at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml

If you are asking how to draw the lines radiating from the center of the
plot, then I don't think we have a specific example of this. However, these
can be easily drawn using calls to gsn_add_polyline.

If you go the Taylor Diagram examples page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml

you will see that many of these images have lines drawn across the plot.

To see how this is done, you can click on the taylor_diagram.ncl link
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/taylor_diagram.ncl> where you
will see calls to gsn_add_polyline.

For more information on drawing polylines on a plot, see the primitives
examples page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml

--Mary