[ncl-talk] highs and lows font colors

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 16 09:34:12 MDT 2018

Hello,

The wrf_contour routine apparently is setting the high/low label font
colors internally, to whatever color the contour lines are drawn in.

I created a ticket (NCL-2745) to improve/fix this in 6.5.0 (which is
already done because it was an easy fix).

Meanwhile, I
​'ve included the fix
 in the attached "wrf_contour_labels_fix.ncl" script.

If you want to try it, simply load this script from your own script, after
any other "load" commands. For example:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"
​l​
oad "./wrf_contour_labels_fix.ncl"

​--Mary
​