[ncl-talk] SKEW-T line colors

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 13 12:50:12 MDT 2018

Hi Ioana,
There is not a built in option so that the user can change the Isotherms in
the Skew-T background interface. You can change it however, but
copying $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/skewt_func.ncl locally, and
altering line 248 of your local copy from this:
      colTan              = "Tan"
to this:
      colTan              = "Orange"

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:33 AM, Ioana Colfescu <ioana.colfescu at ncas.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm plotting a basic Skew-T background isotherms by doing.
>  skewtOpts at DrawIsotherm      = True
> (and setting the rest of the options to False).
>
> I'm then trying to change the color of the isotherms (default black) by
> doing:
>
> skewtOpts at colTemperature = "orange"
> or
> skewtOpts at lineColorTemperature = "blue"
>
> Neither of the options changes the colors.
>
> Can someone tell me how can I change the color of the isotherms in the
> Skew-T background function /what's the option I have to use for it ? What
> about changing the color of the other lines like Isobars, MoistAdiabats etc
> ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ioana
>

> *Ioana Colfescu  *