[ncl-talk] how to draw "~"

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 12 10:04:06 MDT 2018

Hi,

I'm not clear about what you are asking -- you say you are able to draw ~,
but what do you mean by drawing it "correctly"?

Quite commonly, ~ is used as the "function code" to embed escape sequences
in a label to accomplish things like super/subscripting, special symbols,
etc. Many people have this set in their ".hluresfile".

See the FAQ for details on setting this and use of "funccodes" in general:

http://ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/#vis_007

Hope that helps...
Rick