[ncl-talk] Complicated Task

Buzan, Jonathan R jbuzan at purdue.edu
Sun Apr 8 13:59:29 MDT 2018

Thanks Dennis!

-Jonathan

On Apr 4, 2018, at 5:45 PM, Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu<mailto:shea at ucar.edu>> wrote:

Re: "I am not aware of an NCL function that accounts for the change in grid cell size while binning data.  Is there one?"

Answer: No.

===
I think you are looking for a, say, 25km x 25km global grid.

I suggest looking at the EASE grids: Maybe you can find a data set that contains predefined lat/lon grids.

http://nsidc.org/data/ease

Then, you would have to bin the values.

Good Luck