[ncl-talk] libgfortran.so.3 error loading shared library

Prasad, Siva sp4436 at mun.ca
Fri Apr 6 18:15:21 MDT 2018

Hi All,

I just recently upgraded my OS system to Ubuntu 7.10. After the upgrade, I
am getting the following error while I run ncl.

ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open

The version of the ncl I have installed is 6.4.0-Debian7.11_64bit_gnu472
which was working perfectly fine before the upgrade & my current gcc
version is  7.2.0 (Ubuntu 7.2.0-8ubuntu3.2).

I find libgfortran.so.3 in  /usr/lib32/libgfortran.so.3 which I tried to
export but still doesn't solve the problem.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Siva