[ncl-talk] isfilepresent checks on grib2 data from NOMADS

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 5 20:02:16 MDT 2018

Hi John,

I'm seeing the same result. Its not clear to me that the site you refer to
is an OpenDAP site?  Do you know it to be one?  I found some (possibly
stale) info that suggested a DODS server would response with headers
indicating it was a dods server:

(https://www.opendap.org/support/faq/server/test-dods)

When I run:

  wget -S http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:80

I get:

-2018-04-05 19:52:17--  http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov/
Resolving nomads.ncep.noaa.gov (nomads.ncep.noaa.gov)... 140.172.138.18
Connecting to nomads.ncep.noaa.gov (nomads.ncep.noaa.gov)|140.172.138.18|:80...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK