[ncl-talk] An eroor '(gsn_csm_contour_map_ce) is undefined'

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 2 10:15:52 MDT 2018

Hi Anqi,

Are you using a precompiled build of NCL downloaded from the NCL website, or are you using the ncl-ncarg package available via apt-get? The apt-get NCL package is known to have some odd behavior due to how its paths are configured, and I wonder if the NCL libraries where gsn_csm_contour_map_ce() is defined (gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl) are being loaded correctly.

Could you please run “ls $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl” to see if these files exist in the correct path?

Thanks,
Kevin