[ncl-talk] Contour fill transparency not working with RasterFill mode

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Fri Sep 29 09:47:26 MDT 2017

cnMissingValFillColor:

Also note that the triangular mesh contouring algorithm does not
distinguish between missing value areas and areas outside the grid
boundary. Therefore if *ContourPlot*
<http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/ContourPlot.shtml> is given
non-rectangular data or /trGridType/
<http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tr.shtml#trGridType> is
explicitly set to |TriangularMesh|, the color index used will be the
larger value of those assigned to the resources /cnMissingValFillColor/
<http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnMissingValFillColor>
and /cnGridBoundFillColor/
<http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnGridBoundFillColor>.

Maybe Mary, Dave or Rick can say somthing more about it.

-Karin