[ncl-talk] Change Urban Categories to Open Shrubland in WPS GEOGRID

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 26 08:34:11 MDT 2017

Dear Muhammad,

Since you have the Fortran code that does what you want, I suggest looking
at WRAPIT. This utility "wraps" your Fortran code and allows you to call it
directly from NCL.

For some examples of using WRAPIT, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml

You would first need to convert your main driver to a subroutine, so that
you can call this subroutine from NCL.

As for plotting the data, NCL can likely do this, but you didn't say what
kind of plot you wanted.

Have you visited our examples website?  This has hundreds of examples that
you can browse:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/

If you want to start with some basic plots, look at "XY plots", "Contours:
no map", "Plotting data on a map", etc:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/conwomap.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/plot_data_on_map.shtml

I also suggest you look at the NCL User Guide, which is a comprehensive
guide to NCL that is highly focused on graphics. It has lots of examples
included with it, that are also on the examples page:

NCL User Guide:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/NCL_User_Guide/

NCL User Guide examples:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/NUG.shtml