[ncl-talk] Error while handling multiple WRF output files

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 22 13:06:27 MDT 2017

Please see this page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfgsn.shtml

and look at the first example (wrf_gsn_1.ncl and wrf_nogsn_1.ncl) and the
second example (wrf_gsn_2.ncl).

These show how to use gsn to plot data and it compares the plot with using
WRF functions.

In the wrf_gsn_1.ncl plot, you can see that the gsnLeft/RightString
resources are being set automatically, because the data has a description
and units attribute.

Try this script as a start on your own data, and also look at wrf_gsn_2.ncl
to see how to further customize your plot.

If you are unable to get the plot to look as nice as you want, email
ncl-talk at ucar.edu again with your new script and what you want it to look
like, and we can help further.

Good luck,

--Mary