[ncl-talk] Require ncl to consider data outside plot domain

FUNG Yik Him, Zachary yik_him at yahoo.com.hk
Sun Sep 17 01:15:39 MDT 2017

Hello all,

I wish to make a color-filled contour plot with ncl and the given
data-set spreads on an area much larger my plot domain (but they are
quite scattered).

I tried to set "mpLimitMode" to "Corners" to limit the plot area.
However, seems that ncl is not considering points outside my plot domain
when I am using gsn_csm_contour_map so there is a large area near
boundary considers as no data.

May I know if there is any way to force ncl to consider also data lying
outside my plot domain (but cut the unwanted part at the last stage)?

Thanks,
Zachary

.