[ncl-talk] Error while handling multiple WRF output files

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 22:19:51 MDT 2017

Hi Swati:

This program plots radar reflectivity from a single wrf output file at
different times, over the eastern US, in a panel format.  You need to
change the variable to the one (e.g, REFL10) that you have in your output.

To change the location of the plot, change the values within lats/lons.

Of course, you can change the variable you wish to plot.

I have included the program I use to plot gfs temperatures. It requires
that you run write_times.F, first (by the way, through interactions with
NCL-Talk I modified a similar program to obtain the time of each gefs file
directly from the file itself -- you can find that in the e-mail chain). I
include this because it has a nice way of setting the temperature intervals
and color bar.

After you obtain the result you want from a single wrf output file, please
let me know if you have trouble reading more than output file at a time.
The plot_gfs program shows you how to do this.

Barry