[ncl-talk] how can I modify the height of label bar

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 1 09:29:44 MDT 2017

Hi Beata,
When using gsn_labelbar_ndc the resource that controls the height of the
labelbar is vpHeightF. See bar chart example 7 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/bar_horz_7.ncl

As a reminder, one can always look up all the example scripts that use a
specific function/procedure by going to the NCL applications page here:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/

Then click on the functions/procedures link here at the top of the page:
List of tips, resources, *functions/procedures* and the example scripts
they appear in.

Then search for gsn_labelbar_ndc to see a list of all the examples that use
this procedure.

(That is what I did to find the answer to your question.)
Hope that helps!
Adam

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 4:26 AM, Beáta Szabó-Takács <szabo.b at czechglobe.cz>
wrote:

> Dear NCL Users,
>
> I created a label bar using with lb_9.ncl. I attached the results. I would
> like to create a label bar with lower columns. I mean I would like to
> change the height of the label bar. I used lbres at pmLabelBarHeightF  =
> 0.005 but the height of bar is still too heigh. I attached my script. Can
> someone suggest me a solution?
>
> Thank you for your help in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Beata