[ncl-talk] specx_ci error if applied for a vector

Ioana Colfescu ioana.colfescu at ncas.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 08:00:14 MDT 2017

Hi,
I'm trying to use specx_ci for a vector of values that are the output of
specx_anal.
If I do it individually ( for every vector component) it works but when I
do try to apply it for the entire vector I get the following error.

fatal:chiinv: The two input arrays must have the same dimension sizes

Can anyone tell me how to fix this and what's going on ?
My code is below and the part where I get the error from is in red.
Thanks.

begin
amo = addfile("int_ext_AMO_anom.1871-1998.nc","r")
index0=amo->AMO_Cext
index1=amo->AMO_C1int
index2=amo->AMO_C2int
index3=amo->AMO_C3int
index4=amo->AMO_C4int
indextotal=(/index0,index1,index2,index3,index4/)
nn=dimsizes(indextotal)
;*************
d = 0
sm = 3
pct = 0.70

spec=new((/nn(0),64/),"double")
do ii=0,nn(0)-1
spec(ii,:) = specx_anal(indextotal(ii,:),d,sm,pct)
end do

maxconf=0.95
minconf=0.05
printVarSummary(spec)