[ncl-talk] Issues with ESMF_regrid

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 24 10:13:03 MDT 2017

Hi:

I am trying to regrid an MPAS unstructured mesh to a rectangular mesh
on cheyenne using ncl/6.4.0. My script crashes with a SIGSEGV and I am
not understanding where this comes from. I have done this successfully
in the past but do not see what I am doing wrong right now, but I
recall that it was with an ealier version of ncl. I am attaching the
output of my script in regrid.to_rectMesh.out.

The script itself can be found in
/glade2/scratch2/laura/MPAS.PacificOcean/initialization.centeredPacificOceanMesh.15-3km/regrid.to_rectMesh.ncl.
I also tried to regrid the same MPAS mesh to an other unstructured
mesh and got a similar SIGSEGV (see regrid.to_2621442Mesh.ncl), so I
assume that the errors are the same.

Hope you can help me figure this one out.
Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler