[ncl-talk] Fwd: Animation Script

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:57:02 MDT 2017

Ronald,

We have hundreds of NCL examples showing how to create various kinds of
plots.  These examples are organized by category, so hopefully you can find
something that matches the type of data you have:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/

As for animations, the above page does have a link to an animation page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/animate.shtml

The kind of plot in your picture is what we call a "panel" plot, which we
also have a page for:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml

The animation page actually has a couple of panel examples on it.

Finally, we have a page that helps you plot precipitation data:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml

This page also has some panel examples on it.

Finally, if you are new to NCL, I recommend checking out the NCL User
Guide, which has a suite of graphical examples to help you get started:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/NCL_User_Guide/

Good luck,

--Mary