[ncl-talk] no value at the equator and additional line using gsn_add_polygon

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Fri Oct 13 12:03:28 MDT 2017

> why there is a white line over the equator? How to remove it?
You mean Greenwich Meridian?
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gsn.shtml#gsnAddCyclic
You set this resource to false, therefore NCL did not bridge the gap.
 Near the top of your res file:
>   res at gsnAddCyclic          = False  ; data already has cyclic point

>  For All_F in red shading line, why there is a addition red line connect
from the beginning to the end. I found it seems to be a problem with
gsn_add_polygon function I used.

It's trying to draw a polygon (i.e. a closed shaped), the docs clearly
state that if first and last points are not equal then the function will
close the shape for you.  If you just want a line, then draw a polyline.
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_add_polyline.shtml

> The third question is how can I add more space between legend labels
vertically (i.e. All_F and Aero) in Figure 2?
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/legend.shtml
Starting point is probably the resource pmLegendHeightF lots of examples of
legend layout though.

Documentation, the user guide and google for old ncl-talk emails will go a
long way.
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/

Good luck,