[ncl-talk] Regridding WRF corvilinear grid to gpm rain rectlinear grid

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 29 09:34:31 MST 2017

regridding:   I am not sure what you mean by:
  "It runs well, however, when I check the file after, I find that the WRF
file still remains with its original grid size."

===
*The original file is never overwritten*.
===
Suggestion:
    rain = r1 + r2     ; all meta data is lost
    rain at long_name = "Total Rain"              ; whatever
    rain at units = r1 at units
    copy_VarCoords(r1, rain)

---
   raingrid = ESMF_regrid(rain,Opt) ; Regrid "rain" to new grid
   printVarSummary(raingrd)