[ncl-talk] Issue using linint2_points

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 29 08:52:10 MST 2017

Hi Manda,
Make sure that the range of your lon/lat arrays match the range of your
lon_cx/lat_cx arrays. Specifically, you are specifying -95 and -87 for your
longitudes that go into lon_cx. When you call linint2_points:
rhint = linint2_points_Wrap(lon,lat,rh,False,lon_cx,lat_cx,2)
you need to make sure that lon contains negative longitudes as well.
(Similarly, you need to make sure the latitudes specified in lat_cx are
within the range of latitudes in your lat array.)

Hope that helps. If not, or if you have any further questions please
respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:57 PM, Chasteen, Manda B. <manda.chasteen at ou.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am using the linint2_points_Wrap function in NCL version 6.4.0 to
> interpolate RUC data to a cross-section of lat/lons. The function is
> working; however, the values aren't quite right. I am wondering if you know
> why this may be and have a fix for this issue.
>

> I have attached the script, an example cross section plot, and screen
> shots of the printed values at the inflow point from the raw potential
> temperature field and that interpolated to this cross section (black
> contours).

> *Manda Chasteen*
>
> Graduate Research Assistant
>
> Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
>
> School of Meteorology
>
> University of Oklahoma
>
> *manda.chasteen at ou.edu <manda.chasteen at ou.edu>*
>
> *manda.chasteen at noaa.gov <manda.chasteen at noaa.gov>*