[ncl-talk] Plotting average station values on map

Emma Nelson enelson23 at wisc.edu
Tue Nov 28 11:07:33 MST 2017

Hi,

I have monthly averages of ozone data and am trying to figure out how to plot them with different colors given a certain range.  The only examples I can find are using dummy data, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to apply this to actual data.

My averages are:

average1 = 37.62

average2 = 39.49

average3 = 36.36

I want to display these values as different colors.  For example, I want one color for values less than 37, one between 37 and 39, and one greater than 39.  Here is what I've tried:

arr = (/0.,37.,39./)

do i = 0, num_distinct_markers-1

if (i.eq.0) then

indexes = ind(average3.lt.arr(37))

labels(i) = "x < " + arr(37)

end if

if (i.eq.num_distinct_markers-1) then

indexes = ind(average2.gt.arr(39))

labels(i) = "x > " + arr(39)

end if

if (i.gt.arr(37).and.i.lt.arr(39)) then

indexes = ind(average1.gt.arr(37).and.average1.lt.arr(39))

labels(i) = arr(37) + "< x < " + arr(39)

end if

end do

I'm pretty sure most of this is wrong, but I don't know what a lot of the functions mean, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Emma Nelson