[ncl-talk] Sub:Read CSV

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 28 09:44:24 MST 2017

Hi,

For CSV data, I recommend using str_split_csv to extract the data:

infile1 = "AK_BackCast_StnData-Temp.csv"
lines1  = asciiread (infile1, -1, "string")
delim = ","

;months starts in column #0

csv_lines = str_split_csv(lines1(2:),delim,0)
date      = csv_lines(:,0)          ; first column
col2      = toint(csv_lines(:,1))   ; second column
col3      = toint(csv_lines(:,2))   ; third column

print(col3)    ; use "tofloat" in place of "toint" if you want floating
point data

--Mary