[ncl-talk] Question about a Histogram Plot

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 06:01:33 MST 2017

Hi:

I can get the labels to display correctly if I use:

res at tmXBLabels = int_radar(::3)

However, the histogram program is amalgamating the smaller bins into 10
sized default bins.

I would hope that there is a way to explicitly tell the histogram program
to use all the interval data (23 intervals.

I tried setting:

res at tmXBMode        = "Manual"

and creating manual tick marks, but then my histogram labels go only from 0
to 1.

As below.

 rad_inc = 3./(int_radar(dimsizes(int_radar)-1)+10)

  print("rad_inc  = " +rad_inc)

  new_ticks = new(dimsizes(int_radar),float)

  new_ticks(0)= 0

  do inc = 1,dimsizes(int_radar)-1,1

   new_ticks(inc) = new_ticks(inc-1)+rad_inc

  end do

  print("new_ticks = " + new_ticks)

  res at tmXBValues := new_ticks

  res at tmXBLabels := int_radar