[ncl-talk] histo_6.ncl produces an error

Daniel Adriaansen - NCAR dadriaan at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 17 13:06:08 MST 2017

Hi Mary,

You are correct about the NCARG_COLORMAPS environment variable. When I
unset that variable I was able to run the example code.

Is this something new in NCL 6.4.0 where the NCARG_COLORMAPS variable
should point to a "clean" directory with only color map files? In previous
versions we've been using this variable set to a directory with much more
than just color map files inside.

-Dan